Marinette is a ghost town in Maricopa County Arizona. It was located just northwest of Peoria Arizona, along the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway. The site was promoted in the early 20th century for production of citrus fruit, apricots, olives, and other crops.
The town was purchased by the Southwest Cotton company, a Goodyear subsidiary, in 1920. At some point in the mid-20th century, it was abandoned. The place where Marinette once was later became the site of Del Webb Corporation's Sun City, Arizona