C.P. Stephens DeSoto Six Motor Building was one of the longest operating dealers on Phoenix’s automotive-row. Construction was finished on C.P. Stephens’ building in 1928, the same year that the DeSoto brand is created, and the same year Stephens…

The A.E. England Motorcar building, an automotive dealership constructed in 1926 along what will become to be known as auto-row which is along Central Avenue in downtown Phoenix. Ab England constructed the building to be his Phoenix dealership for…

As the automobile solidified itself as a definitive part of the American tourist lifestyle, the Phoenix area stood out to tourists as an ideal winter destination. The era of auto tourism and strip commercialism that took hold by the early 1920's…