Alma School


This file appears in: Alma School Station
Alma School

Alma School Road is named after the old schoolhouse located on the east side of that road and just north of the old railroad tracks. This 1896 building was the second schoolhouse on the site. The original was a little red schoolhouse, erected in 1885 with lumber hauled from Fort McDowell. It was built to be closer to the children in the new Stringtown settlement adjacent to Mesa.The historic Alma School was torn down in 1970.


This file appears in: Alma School Station