Kiva Motor Lodge

Kiva Motor Lodge
Dick Frank opened his Kiva Crafts and Curios in the 1930s, which would become the Kiva Motor Lodge, shown here in 1946. It is typical of hotels during the American “car culture” of the 1930’s, 40s and 50s. It represents one of numerous “motels” along Highways 60, 70, 80, and 89 that sprang up through Mesa along Main Street. The motel's distinct neon sign – a Great Plains chief in full headdress never worn in Arizona – is this landmark’s most distinctive feature. | Creator: Burton Frasher Sr. | Date: 1946 | Source: Pomona Public Library, The Frasher Foto Postcard Collection
Download Original File