Chicago Cubs Spring Training


This file appears in: Center Street Station
Chicago Cubs Spring Training

Completed in 1921 on the northwest corner of Sirrine and 2nd Streets, Rendezvous Park hosted ball clubs like the Mesa Jewels, Mesa High Jackrabbits, and Junior American Legion, punctuated by visits from barnstorming Pacific Coast League and Major League teams. By 1950, improvements brought the park up to professional baseball standards. The Pacific Coast Oakland Oaks were the first to come. In 1952, Dwight Heard brought the Chicago Cubs to Rendezvous, where they trained through 1965. Rendezvous Park was demolished in 1976.


This file appears in: Center Street Station