Port Call at The Wigwam

Port Call at The Wigwam

Constructed as a guest house in 1918, the Wigwam continued to evolve through the 1920s. Goodyear opened it to the public seasonally in 1929, and it owned and operated the resort until 1986.  Goodyear utilized the Wigwam as a marketing and advertising tool to display its tires and aircraft.

| Creator: Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company | Date: August 16, 1937 | Source: “Wigwam (915a),” Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company Records, Identifier: 915a_37, University of Akron Archives. | Rights: University of Akron Archives
Download Original File