Scottsdale's First School

Scottsdale's First School
Built in 1896, the wooden building depicted here was the first schoolhouse in Scottsdale. Grades one to eight were all taught in this 16 by 18 feet structure, until a 12 foot addition was added a few years later. Eventually, the structure was removed to make way for a permanent red brickschool building. | Source: Image courtesy of the Scottsdale Public Library.
Download Original File