Mesa High School


This file appears in: Mesa Union High School
Mesa High School

This photograph is of the school after several renovations were made due to the growing number of students in the community. In 1919 renovations added 8 rooms to both ends of Old Main and a small auditorium-gymnasium. In 1936 funds from the Federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) and the Public Works Administration (PWA) provided for a new gymnasium building with a general shop and an auto shop. In 1940 the west wing was added which provided home economics and business classrooms. In 1948 more renovations added a cafeteria and an agriculture building. Later a girls' gymnasium was added.


This file appears in: Mesa Union High School