Welcoming Cowboy


This file appears in: Old Town Scottsdale
Welcoming Cowboy

Commissioned in 1952 as part of the Chamber of Commerce's Western-themed marketing blitz and designed by local woodcrafter Dee Flag, this cowboy on the northeast corner of Scottsdale Road and Main Street welcomed visitors to Scottsdale and, with just a touch of cowboy bravado, proudly notified them of local events. It became a favorite spot for tourists to get their goofy vacation snapshots taken.

Image courtesy of Scottsdale Historical Society, Scottsdale Public Library.


This file appears in: Old Town Scottsdale